Neck & Shoulders, Fluid & Free
Gentle, intriguing and pleasant movement exercises for the neck, shoulders, head and whole body.
Learn how to replace stiffness, restriction and pain with smoothness, grace and freedom- safely and enjoyably.
- Deeply relaxing Feldenkrais lessons
- Mobilise the neck, safely, gently
- Re-program the brain’s control of neck posture
- Learn the 7-directions-in-one-minute neck exercise for ongoing self-care
- Learn a simple, safe Feldy style neck massage for your friends, family, clients
- Injury prevention, injury recovery
ATM 1: Chair, Turn 32 minutes
Chair sitting mostly, plus some supine (lie on back) and stand. Turning head, integrating with shoulders and pelvis. Funny, opposite movements of eyes, head, shoulders and pelvis. Improve turning range of movement and fluidity in neck and shoulders
ATM 2: Pecking 36 minutes
Supine, prone (lie on front) and sit on floor. Unusual head movement, coordinating neck with loosening back between scapulae (shoulder blades), mobilising chest and sliding of scapulae. Last move is a little challenging!
ATM 3: Twist Spine, Head Fixed 25 minutes
Supine. Instead of trying to move head and neck we do a clever trick and move the body relative to the head and neck. It's a Feldenkrais way of bypassing ingrained habits by playing with how one part moves relative to another. Enhances flexibility in the neck and torso.
Self care exercises, can be done each day, at home or work; before/after sport, dance, playtime. For ongoing self-maintenance, injury prevention, injury recovery:
- 7 Primary Neck Actions 6 minutes. Sit or stand
- Hand Roll Head 9 minutes. Supine
- Shoulders 4 minutes. Sit or stand
Feldy style massage 7 minutes
A lovely, caring movement and massage sequence to relax and heal your partner.